Using precision injections of Botulinum Toxin Type A we can non-surgically reduce both static and dynamic facial lines or wrinkles.
- Static lines are generally seen in older patients who have been facially expressive for longer, or have had a great deal of exposure to the sun. They can be caused, for example, by people tending to ‘screw up’ their eyes to focus properly when watching television or viewing distant objects. Performed constantly over a long time, such muscle contractions lead to lines that are ever-present, even in the absence of deliberate facial expressions
- Dynamic lines, caused by over-expression of facial muscles, are initially only apparent when we smile, frown or pose. As we get older, however, these temporary lines do become more permanent.
Botulinum Toxin is most popularly used in relation to:
- Frown lines.
- Smile lines around the eyes – ‘crow’s feet’.
- Eyebrow lifts.
It can also be a highly effective treatment (often in conjunction with volume-restoring fillers) for:
- A ‘gummy’ smile.
- Bunny lines. The ones that form on the side of your nose when you wrinkle it.
- Elevating the tip of the nose.
- Migraine. Reducing the muscle tension that can often cause migraines.
- Hyperhydrosis (excessive sweating). Something we can alleviate by injecting directly into sweat glands.
- Grinding of the jaw and teeth. Treating muscles here will also slim the lower face.
- Chin pebbling.